Friday, September 25, 2009

It's all about who?

Galatians 1:10 "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Wow! What a convicting verse! Paul, who clearly understood his position in Christ clearly knew that it wasn't about himself or what he had done or would do. Paul knew that it was all about Christ.

A popular country song goes something like this: "it's all about me, it's all about I..." What a vivid picture of our society and the attitude of so many even in the church. We don't share the gospel because we are afraid of what people will think about us, or we don't want anyone to be offended. What a shame.

Paul acknowledged that it wasn't about him, it was all about Christ. Paul's desire was "to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death..." (Philippians 3:10).

Who are you all about? Is it all about you or is it all about Christ and what He has done for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment